Current Situation at Ivanhoe – COVID-19
(updated 26 May 2020)
STAGE 2 – Easing of restrictions
Following the Victorian State Government’s announcement (Sunday May 24) of planned lifting of COVID-19 restrictions entering Stage 2, Bowls Victoria lists the measures which must be adhered to for Stage 2 from Sunday May 31 at 11:59pm through to June 22(pending further announcements from the State Government).
As mentioned previously, the sole priority at this point in time is safe social opportunities to play Bowls. We want Bowlers to stay socially connected with others in small groups, practicing the sport that we all enjoy.
In addition to the Stage 1 Restrictions previously communicated,
the following will also apply from Sunday May 31 at 11:59pm:
- Maximum of 20 people permitted per green (maintaining a maximum of 4 people per rink).
- Spectators not permitted at the Club.
- Club rooms open for toilet use and meetings can take place at the club, indoors, for up to 20 people (social distancing still required).
- Club social bowls is permitted for less than 20 people. No club vs club competition should be taking place at this time.
As a reminder, general hygiene practices include:
- Clean hands by having hand sanitizer readily available at the club,
- Refrain from shaking hands and ‘high-fiving’ others.
- All mats & jacks should be thoroughly cleaned before being used.
- Wash your hands before and after play.
- Refrain from handling other people’s bowls.
- Do not attend the club if you are feeling unwell.
The Club Presentation night has been postponed and it might be possible to hold this at the start of the next season.
The Board will review the situation on a regular basis, noting advice from official bodies.